Tuesday 6 December 2011

Back to reality!

Yesterday was yet again a wonderfully, relaxing and lovely day!! In the morning Jose showed us around more of the Spice Garden and Fruit trees and the rare Ayuverdic herbs that they have encouraged to grow. Then Soji and Pramad took us to see the local waterfall - well I say local but it was about half an hour in the car, which I was kind of thankful for due to the AIR CONDITIONING!!!
The waterful was beautiful (see photograph at end of last posting and yes I am sticking my tongue out!), then after leaving and managing to avoid the leaches - eurgh - we went deep into the forest to go Bat Spotting!! There were thousands of them all flying around above our heads, I thought they looked quite cute, even though my travel companion made a point of saying that they carry all sorts of diseases!!
On returning to the Farmstay, we were so hot that we ended up leaping out of the car and running straight into the pool fully clothed! Much to the amusement of our hosts! But hey, us Britishes are not always repressed and stoic! Mind you I did feel bad once I walked back to the room leaving a trail of purple water behind me on their nice cleaned white tiled floor - the dye from my new \'trendy\' purple Ali Baba trousers was obviously not as steadfast as I had thought!
After a delicious lunch I lazed by the pool then had my final Ayuverdic massage which was so relaxing I fell asleep and sat up forgetting I was smothered in loads of oil and ended up doing a spin on the hard plastic bed that would look akin to some kind of break dance!! Most attractive!
This morning Claude and I reluctantly packed our bags, our time at The Dewalokam Farmstay was coming to an end. I had my final dip in the pool and ate my final healthy meal then we said our goodbyes to everyone there. Sinta assured me that anytime I feel unsafe or unhappy in India I can come back, I should just think of the Farmstay as my home - and I started crying!!! (yeah I know, typical) I told her that is exactly how I felt about my stay there, I felt recharged and ready for the adventure ahead! And with that, Claude and I climbed into the car and we left.
Apparently the scenery was amazing for the 2 and half hour trip to Munnar, I however, fell asleep through most of it!! But when I awoke I have to say it was stunning outside. I huge smile filled my face as I took in the greenery around while the car climbed the hills. Hundereds of tea plantations everywhere! I started to relax until we nearly had a collision with the car to our left as our driver tried to overtake him on a hair pin bend! I can be quite an aggresive driver in London but there is NO WAY I would ever drive out here!!
We arrived at our homestay in Munnar ... what can I say about it. We have been spoilt over the last few days and our faces dropped as we stepped into the tiny, cold room. Suffice it to stay we are moving to another place tomorrow!
Periyar is our next destination but we are not due there for another three days. However, there has been some rioting over there due to a Dam that has a risk of cracking should there be another earth quake and if it does 33% of Kerala will be flooded. But, it belongs to the next State - Tamil Nadu - who are refusing to do anything about it.
We really don\'t want to stay here much longer than we planned!!! So if worse comes to worse, we may have to go back to Dewalokam for a bit longer -

No comments:

Post a Comment